RCFI believes that education can destroy the poverty gap in society. But the major obstacle of the poor people in this regard are economic and social issues. RCFI tries to bridge the gap of those people with its effective versatile programmes on education.
- 40,000 students are getting a quality education. They have provided a better environment to enhance their access to quality education.
- 233 schools with good infrastructure, WASH facilities and other amenities.
- External studies show, our special care schools changed the life of several mentally challenged students in terms of their social status, behaviours and physical abilities.
- Support for infrastructural development where the need for such things identified.
- Reducing the dropout especially girls dropout
- Scholarship programmes for identified needy students to pursue their higher education.
RCFI has reached to 15 states through its various education programme. Students from villages, slums, and tribal areas are getting benefits from the programme. More than 39,000 students got benefit from the education programme during the year. It has several components like education scholarship, infrastructural development, and support, training and guidance, remedial sessions, and adoption of the children. The chart below shows the RCFI interventions in the education sector.
Teacher-student ration in rural schools is still a problem. So the organization has identified some of the education institutes in need of the classrooms. RCFI has constructed 233 schools across the country. Almost 7000 students got benefit from infrastructural investments. One of the major issues in the north Indian states for drop out of the girls is lakh of separate WASH facility. The organization ensured all the WASH facilities in the schools, separate for boys and girls.
Special Care Schools
RCFI has three special care schools running in deferent parts of Kerala. 285 students are studying the school currently. Most of them are from very poor families around the centers. They have been provided quality education, mental therapies, physical exercise platforms, and mind exposers. Many of them showed very positive responses and improvements in their life. A few of them even received jobs after the treatment.
Other Major Interventions
- A better environment in the school is very essential for learning outcomes. We have supported 7 schools during the year. It includes drinking water filter and recreation facilities.
- 19 identified students received cycle, so they can reach school from remote areas.
- 88 new students received higher education scholarships. They are studying at various universities and colleges across the country. A total of 119 students are receiving the fellowship now.
- 7283 at-risk orphan students got adopted by various people. They are receiving their education expenses and a living stipend.
- 36 rural teachers are receiving a special stipend for their hard work in the sector.